Desis in Europa
People marked as 'South Asians' in 'Eastern Europe'
As Kotin (2006a) shows there has been a long history of interaction between 'Russia'
and 'India' as well as 'Indian' settlement in 'Russia'. In Desai's (2006) novel
Sai's parents went to the Soviet Union to be trained. Still many students go
there, even if they have to face racism in 'Russia'.
On 'Eastern Europe' in general Kotin (2006b) provides only little information.
- Desai, Kiran (2006), The Inheritance of Loss, London: Penguin.
- Gopal, S. (1989), Indians in Russia in the 17th and 18th Centuries,
New York: South Asia Books.
- Igielski, Zbigniew (2011), "The Sikhs in Poland: A Short History of Migration and Settlement", in: Knut A. Jacobsen and Kristina Myrvald (eds.), Sikhs in Europe. Migration, Identities and Representations, Farnham: Ashgate, 115-132.
- Kotin, Igor (2006a), "Russia and Ukraine", in: Lal, Brij (2006, Hrsg.),
Encyclopedia of the Indian Diaspora, Singapur: Edition Didier Millet, 364-368.
- Kotin, Igor (2006b), "Eastern Europe", in: Lal, Brij (2006, Hrsg.),
Encyclopedia of the Indian Diaspora, Singapur: Edition Didier Millet, 369.