Department of Development Studies, Palacky University, Olomouc
Lecturer: Dr. Urmila Goel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, 1st March 2012:Racism and privileges
9.30 – 13.00 hours: Denying racism
- van Dijk, Teun A. (2008), “Denying Racism: Elite Discourse and Racism”, in: Essed, Philomena and Goldberg, David Theo (eds.), Race Critical Theories, Malden: Blackwell, 307-324.
- van Dijk, Teun A. (2008), “Reflections”, in: Essed, Philomena and Goldberg, David Theo (eds.), Race Critical Theories, Malden: Blackwell, 481-485.
Questions for the presentation:
- Which forms and functions of denial of racism does van Dijk analyse?
- What questions do you have on the texts?
- In how far is racism denied in the Czech Republic?
- In how far is racism denied in development studies?
Preparation of presentation:
- Send the visualised presentation by Monday, 27th February to the lecturer (email@example.com)
- There will be a preparatory discussion of the presentation with the lecturer on Wednesday, 29th February (time and place will be communicated by email).