Department of Development Studies, Palacky University, Olomouc
Lecturer: Dr. Urmila Goel, email@example.com
Friday, 24th February:Introduction to racism theory
14.30 – 18.00 hours: A conceptualisation of everyday racism
- Essed, Philomena (2008), “Everyday Racism: A New Approach to the Study of Racism”, in: Essed, Philomena and Goldberg, David Theo (eds.), Race Critical Theories, Malden: Blackwell, 176-194.
- Essed, Philomena (2008), “Reflections”, in: Essed, Philomena and Goldberg, David Theo (eds.), Race Critical Theories, Malden: Blackwell, 460-463
Questions for the presentation:
- How does Essed conceptualise racism?
- How does Essed conceptuailse everyday racism?
- What questions do you have on the texts?
- In how far does everyday racism play a role in the Czech Republic?
- In how far does everyday racism play a role in development studies?
Preparation of presentation:
- Send the visualised presentation by Monday, 20th February to the lecturer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- There will be a preparatory discussion of the presentation with the lecturer on Wednesday, 22nd February (time and place will be communicated by email).