Department of Development Studies, Palacky University, Olomouc
Lecturer: Dr. Urmila Goel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, 1st March 2012:Racism and privileges
14.30 – 18.00 hours: White privileges
- McIntosh, Peggy (1988), “White Privilege and male privilege: a personal account of coming to see correspondences through work in women's studies”, in: Delgado, Richard und Stefanic, Jean (Hrsg.) (1997): Critical Whiteness Studies, Looking behind the Mirror, Philadelphia, S. 291-299.
Questions for the presentation:
- What are white privileges according to McIntosh?
- What questions do you have on the texts?
- Which white privileges can you identify in the Czech Republic?
- Which white privileges can you identify in development studies?
Preparation of presentation:
- Send the visualised presentation by Monday, 27th February to the lecturer (email@example.com)
- There will be a preparatory discussion of the presentation with the lecturer on Wednesday, 29th February (time and place will be communicated by email).